- 1½ cups of Daawat Pulav Specialist Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 10-12 cauliflower florets
- 5-6 french beans
- ¼ cups of green peas
- Salt to taste
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Pour 1½ cups of Daawat Pulav Specialist Basmati Rice in a big bowl. Wash the rice thoroughly with sufficient water at least 2-3 times.
- Step 2 Add some more water and let the rice soak in the bowl for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 3 On low or medium flame, heat 2 to 3 tbsps of oil or ghee in a deep pan
- Step 4 Add cumin seeds, cloves, black peppercorns, green cardamoms, bay leaf, and the cinnamon stick.
- Step 5 Sauté the spices until the oil becomes fragrant, or until you hear a crackling sound.
- Step 6 Pour the boiled Daawat Pulav Specialist Basmati Rice, and add salt to taste. Add water, cover the lid, and cook the rice on high flame for about 8-10 minutes. Subsequently cook the rice on low heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Step 7 Switch the heat off and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes
- Step 8 Serve the dish hot with your choice of sauce.