- 1 1/2 cups Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 5-6 black pepper
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 3-4 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 onions
- 1 1/4 cups soya granules
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cup hot water
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Raita to serve
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt as per taste
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Take a bowl and add Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice into it. First, wash it rigorously with water 2-3 times.
- Step 2 Take fresh water in the bowl and soak the Basmati Rice for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 3 Wash the onions and finely chop them along with the green chilli. Also, shell the green peas beforehand. Keep them aside for later use.
- Step 4 To start cooking, take a non-stick pan on low flame and add melted ghee into it.
- Step 5 Add black pepper, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, and cumin seeds. Sauté the masala for a few minutes till they are mixed properly and aromatic.
- Step 6 Now, add lesson paste, garlic paste, chopped green chillies, and cut onion into the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the colour changes to medium brown.
- Step 7 While cooking on medium flame, add fine soya granules on top. Spread it properly and sauté it until combined for about a minute.
- Step 8 Finally for the masala, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt as per taste. All the spices must be mixed well.
- Step 9 Lastly, add green peas and cooked rice into the pan. Spread the Basmati Rice evenly in the pan.
- Step 10 Top the dish with some coriander leaves, and add lemon juice to the ingredients for a better flavor. Mix all ingredients gently.
- Step 11 Heat 2 ½ cups of hot water and add to the dish. Mix it well on high flame for a few minutes.
- Step 12 Now, with an aluminum lid, cover the pan for 20-25 minutes and let the dish cook.
- Step 13 Once ready, fluff the rice gently and serve the dish hot with raita to add to the taste.