- 1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 1½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsps coriander
- ¼ cup browned onions
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp biryani masala
- 750 gms mutton, boiled
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 black cardamom
- 3-4 cloves
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1-2 tbsps browned onions
- Beetroot raita
- Fried Cashew nuts
- Fried raisin
- Fresh pomegranate pearls
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Wash Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice with water 2-3 times.
- Step 2 After washing, soak the rice in sufficient water for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 3 Take a pan and add 2 tbsps of oil to it.
- Step 4 Add 2 chopped onions.
- Step 5 Sauté them well until it becomes translucent.
- Step 6 Add 1/1/2 ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 7 After this, add green chilies as required and mix till it achieves a golden color.
- Step 8 Add 2 chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. Cook till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy.
- Step 9 Then add 2 tbsps of coriander, ¼ cup of browned onions, 1 tbsp of red chili, ¼ tbsp of turmeric powder, and 1 tbsp of biryani masala. Sauté them for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 10 Now, add 750gms of boiled mutton into it and let it cook for some time.
- Step 11 Meanwhile, take another pan and boil water. Add salt as required, along with 1 tbsp of caraway seeds, 1 black cardamom, 3-4 cloves, 2-3 green cardamoms, 1-inch cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, and the drained rice. Cook till ¾ done.
- Step 12 Add a layer of rice on top of the mutton and garnish it with coriander, mint, 1-inch ginger, 2-3 green chilies, 1 tbsp of ghee, and 1-2 tbsps of browned onions. Wrap the lid with foil paper.
- Step 13 Cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 14 Switch off the heat and let the biryani rest for 10-15 minutes
- Step 15 Serve it hot with papad, tomato, cucumber, beetroot raita, mint, fried cashew nut and raisins, fresh pomegranate, and browned onions.