- 1 1/2 cup Daawat pulav basmati rice
- 2 1/2 tsp ghee
- 400 gm chicken
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 7-8 black peppercorns
- 5-6 cloves
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1-inch ginger cut into thin strips
- 1 cut onion
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt as per taste
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Raita to serve
- Coriander spring for garnish
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Take the required Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice in a bowl. Add sufficient water and clean the rice properly 2-3 times.
- Step 2 Once cleaned, soak the rice in fresh water for about 20 minutes. Once it's done, drain the excess water and set it aside.
- Step 3 In a non-stick pan on low flame add some ghee. Once melted, add the chicken to the pan and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 Now, to prepare the masala for the pulav, in a pan add 2-3 tsp melted ghee, cinnamon stick, cardamom, black pepper, cloves, green chilli, ginger, and onion. Now sauté till it turns translucent and golden brown in colour.
- Step 5 Now, pour fresh tomato puree into the masala. Along with it, add salt as per taste. Stir it continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6 Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Cook the ingredients well until the oil separates.
- Step 7 Lower the flame, and add yoghurt to the pan. Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Step 8 Once the masala is ready, add some coriander leaves and the chicken. Sauté it for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 9 Finally, add the cooked rice and chicken stock, and evenly spread the rice in the pan. Now, gently mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Step 9 Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 9 Garnish the dish with coriander spring. Now, serve and Enjoy the meal with raita!