- 1 ½ cups of Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 2 green cardamoms
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsps Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tbsps garlic
- 2 onions
- 10-15 button mushrooms
- 2 tbsps of toasted pine nuts
- ¾ cup of fenugreek leaves
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Take 1 ½ cups of Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice and wash it properly with water 2-3 times. Then soak it in fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Put some water in a pan and put it on the stove, add 4 shiitake mushrooms, 2 green cardamoms, 6-8 black peppercorns, 2-3 cloves, 1 bay leaf, and salt to taste. Allow it to boil.
- Step 3 Remove the shiitake mushrooms from this and slice them. Add the previously soaked rice to this mix and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Add 2 tbsps of oil in a pan along with 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 ½ tbsps garlic, and saute till it's golden brown.
- Step 5 Then add 2 onions and saute till the mix is translucent.
- Step 6 Add 10-15 button mushrooms and the sliced shiitake mushrooms, 2 tbsps of toasted pine nuts, and saute for 4-5 minutes. Then add salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Step 7 Finally, add the rice and sprinkle it with ¾ cup of fenugreek leaves. Mix it all well and cook for 2-3 minutes and your mushroom pulav is ready to serve!