- 1 ½ cups of Daawat Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps of coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsps of split Bengal gram
- 1 tsp of split skinless black gram
- ½ tsp of asafoetida
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 4 dried red chilis
- ½ cup raw peanuts
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Take 1 ½ cups of Daawat Quick Cooking Basmati Rice and wash it properly with water 2-3 times. Then soak it in fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Take a pan with water and put it on the stove. Then add salt to taste, ½ tsp turmeric powder, and the previously soaked rice. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Step 3 Strain the water.
- Step 4 Take a pan and add 2 tbsps of coconut oil, 1 ½ tsps of split Bengal gram, 1 tsp of split skinless black gram, ½ tsp of asafoetida, 1 tsp of mustard seeds, 4 dried red chilis, ½ cup of raw peanuts and stir.
- Step 5 Then add 2 sprigs of curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Step 6 Add the cooked rice to this mix and then sprinkle salt to taste.
- Step 7 Switch off the heat and add 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix it well.
- Step 8 Your Lemon Brown Rice is ready to serve. Top it off with coriander and you’re good to go!