- 1½ Cups of Daawat Pulav Specialist Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 black cardamoms
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 5-6 cashew nuts
- 2 tsps raisins
- Cottage cheese (150 g)
- ½ tsp dried ginger powder
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- ½ cup of milk
- Fresh pomegranate seeds
- Salt to taste
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Pour 1½ cup of Daawat Pulav Specialist Basmati Rice into a big bowl. Wash the rice thoroughly with sufficient water at least 2-3 times.
- Step 2 Add some more water and let the rice soak in the bowl for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 3 On low or medium flame, heat 2 to 3 tbsps of oil or ghee in a deep pan.
- Step 4 Add cumin seeds, black cardamom seeds, cloves, fennel seeds, bay leaf, and cinnamon stick to the heated oil.
- Step 5 Sauté the spices until the oil becomes fragrant, or until you hear a crackling sound.
- Step 6 Add 5-6 cashew nuts, raisins, and cottage cheese cubes to the mix and sauté.
- Step 7 Next, add dried garlic powder and asafoetida to the mix and stir well.
- Step 8 Pour the boiled Daawat Pulav Specialist Basmati Rice, water, milk, and salt to taste.
- Step 9 Cover with a lid and let it cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Switch off the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Step 10 Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and serve hot.