- 1 ½ cups of Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
- 6-18 black peppercorns
- 1 black cardamom
- 7 green cardamoms
- 1 star anise
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 8-10 cloves
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsps ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- Garam masala powder
- 750 gms of mutton, cut into 1-inch pieces on the bone
- 10-12 dried plums
- Fresh mint leaves
- 8-10 fresh coriander sprigs
- Fried onions
- Uncut green chilies
- Screw pine essence (kewra)
- Saffron milk
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Boil water in a pot. Add 16-18 black peppercorns, 1 black cardamom, 7 green cardamoms, 1 star anise, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 bay leaves, 8-10 cloves, salt to taste, and 1 ½ cups of Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice, Now let it cook.
- Step 2 Take another pot and add 1 cup yogurt, 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp red chili powder, 2 tsp garam masala powder, and salt to taste.
- Step 3 Now add 750 gms of mutton, cut into 1-inch pieces on the bone. Add 10-12 dried plums to this mixture and mix it all together. Add 16-18 fresh mint leaves, 8-10 fresh coriander sprigs, ½ cup fried onions, and 2 tbsp ghee, and let it cook.
- Step 4 Now take a pot that is oven friendly and add the mutton to it. Add 4 uncut green chilies and set it aside.
- Step 5 Now remove the black cardamom and the bay leaf from it and strain the rice.
- Step 6 Spread a layer of the Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice on top of the mutton, add 1 tbsp of ghee, 2 tsp of garam masala powder, ½ cup of fried onions, 12-15 fresh mint leaves, a few drops of screw pine essence (kewra), and 2 tbsps saffron milk. Top it off with a layer of mutton.
- Step 7 Add 3 uncut green chilies to it and add a second layer of Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice on top.
- Step 8 Add ¼ cup of fried onions, 10-12 fresh mint leaves, a pinch of garam masala powder, 2 tbsps of saffron milk, 2 tbsps of ghee, and some screw pine essence (kewra).
- Step 9 Now put some dough on the lid of the vessel, seal it, and put it on the flame.
- Step 10 Your Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani is ready! Remove the lid only when you’re ready to serve!