- 1½ cups Daawat Quick Cooking Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 5-6 cloves
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chillies, slit
- 1 medium carrot, peeled cut into ½ inch diamonds
- 8-10 small cauliflower florets
- 4-5 French beans, stringed and diagonally cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3-4 button mushrooms, quartered
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- A large pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup shelled green peas
- 1½ tbsps chopped fresh coriander
- Coriander sprig for garnish
- Boondi raita to serve
Step by step guide
- Step 1 Take Daawat Quick Cooking Brown Basmati Rice in a bowl. Add sufficient water and wash for 2-3 times.
- Step 2 Add sufficient water and soak for 25-30 minutes. Drain the water.
- Step 3 Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, black peppercorns, cloves, green cardamoms, and cumin seeds, and sauté until fragrant.
- Step 4 Add green chillies and sauté for 1 minute. Add carrot, cauliflower, French beans, and button mushrooms, and again sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5 Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt, and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6 Add green peas and soaked brown rice and mix with a light hand. Add 2½ cups of hot water and again mix well.
- Step 7 Add coriander leaves, mix lightly, cover, and cook on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Step 8 Transfer on a serving plate, garnish with coriander sprig, and now serve hot with boondi raita.