- 1 1/2 cups of Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice
- 3 tbsps of oil
- 5-6 dried urad dal nuggets
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tbsp of ginger
- 1/2 tbsp of asafoetida (hing
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 cut tomato
- 3 chopped potatoes
- 2 tbsps of coriander leaves
- 2 cups of hot water
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Serve with burani raita
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp of cumin powder
- 3/4 tbsp of garam masala powder
Step by step guide
- Step 1 In a bowl, add Daawat Pulav Basmati Rice. Take some water and clean it properly 2-3 times.
- Step 2 Once cleaned, add fresh water to the bowl and let it soak for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 3 To start the recipe, take a deep pan and add oil on a low flame. Now, add dried urad dal nuggets and fry till the color turns golden brown. Once done, take a plate and take them out to cool down.
- Step 4 Now add green cardamom, black peppercorns, ginger, asafoetida, some finely chopped onion, and tomato. Stir the vegetables for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Step 5 Now for the masala, add salt as per taste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala powder. Stir all the spices for about a minute until aromatic.
- Step 6 In the same pan, add cut potatoes and mix them well.
- Step 7 Finally, add the fried urad dal nuggets and the coriander leaves into the pan.
- Step 8 Evenly add the cooked rice and mix well until all the ingredients are combined.