3 Easy Steps For Authentic Hyderabadi Biryani
- Rice: Wash and soak the given Rice for 30 minutes
- Vegetables /Chicken/Mutton: 300 grams
- Fry Onion: Heat oil and shallow fry 2 medium size sliced onions to golden brown
- Fresh Coriander Leaves and Mint Leaves
- Add given Raita Masala to 300g whisked curd, mix and keep it in refrigerator to chill.
Boil 1 litre of water with 1tbsp salt, 1tbsp of oil and given whole spices. Add rice to boiling water, let it boil for 6-7 minutes till rice is 75% (3/4th) cooked. Drain the water and keep the cooked rice aside.
Tip: While adding whole spices to the rice, you can use a muslin cloth to tie up all the spices, for easy removal.
Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan, add veg/chicken/mutton and sauté it. Add Biryani Paste to it and again sauté for few minutes, and then add 150 ml water to cook till it gets tender and oil separates.
Tip: Gravy prepared should not be dry.
Layer half quantity of the biryani gravy preparation, then half quantity of cooked rice and garnish with fried onion, mint, and coriander leaves. Repeat this layering. Cover and cook on dum (low heat) for 7-10 minutes until rice is cooked.
SERVE HOT BIRYANI WITH CHILLED RAITA