600 grams prawns, shelled and deveined
1½ cups Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice
Salt to taste
1 star anise (phool chakri)
12-16 black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup scraped fresh coconut
3 green chillies
12-16 fresh mint leaves + as required
3 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger, roughly chopped
Few fresh coriander sprigs
½ cup fried onions + for garnishing
3 tablespoons ghee + for drizzling
2 large onions, sliced
1 inch ginger, cut into strips + for garnishing
Garam masala powder for sprinkling
1 tablespoon saffron milk
1. Boil 3 cups water in a deep non-stick pan. Add Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice, salt, star anise, cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves, cover and cook till rice is 3/4th done.
2. Put prawns in a bowl. Add lemon juice and salt and set aside.
3. Blend together coconut, green chillies, mint leaves, garlic, chopped ginger and coriander sprigs with water as required to a fine paste. Transfer to a bowl, add prawns and mix well. Add ¼ cup fried onions, mix and set aside to marinate.
4. Heat ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till translucent.
5. Strain the Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice in a colander and spread half of it on the onions. Top with half the marinated prawns and spread some of the strained Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice.
6. Top with some fried onions and half the ginger strips, drizzle some ghee and sprinkle garam masala powder. Spread remaining marinated prawns and top with a layer of remaining strained Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice.
7. Add remaining fried onions, sprinkle some garam masala powder, drizzle saffron milk and add some mint leaves. Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
8. Garnish with fried onions, mint leaves, ginger strips and serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at email@example.com.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –