KOLKATA STYLE CHICKEN BIRYANI
1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
750 grams chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces on bone
2 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
4 small potatoes, boiled and peeled
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons biryani masala
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tablespoons ghee + for drizzling
1 medium onion
11 green cardamoms
3 black cardamoms
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
1½ teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon saffron milk
2 tablespoons browned onions
Few drops screwpine essence (kewra)
Few drops rose water
1. Soak Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in sufficient water for 30 minutes.
2. Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Add salt, biryani masala, 1 teaspoon chilli powder and gingergarlic paste. Mix well. Add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, mix and set aside to marinate.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a deep non-stick -pan.
4. Slice onion.
5. Add 6 green cardamoms, 2 black cardamoms, 1 bay leaf and cinnamon to the pan and sauté till fragrant. Add sliced onions, mix and sauté till lightly browned.
6. Heat 3 cups water in another non-stick pan. Add salt, remaining black cardamom, remaining green cardamoms, remaining bay leaf, cloves and 1 tablespoon ghee, mix and bring to a boil.
7. Add ginger and garlic to the onions, mix and sauté till fragrant. Add remaining turmeric powder and mix well. Add eggs and mix.
8. Halve potatoes and add, mix well and sauté till lightly browned. Transfer the eggs and potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
9. Add coriander powder and remaining chilli powder and mix. Add marinated chicken pieces, mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
10. Add drained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice to the boiling water, stir lightly, cover and cook till the rice is 3/4th done.
11. Add eggs and potatoes to the masala, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
12. Strain the Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in a colander and spread on the masala, eggs and potatoes.
13. Drizzle some ghee on top, add saffron milk, browned onions, screwpine essence and rose water, cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
14. Serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at email@example.com.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –