KERALA STYLE MUTTON BIRYANI
750 grams mutton, cut into 1 inch pieces on bone
1½ cups Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice
Salt to taste
5 tablespoons oil
2 star anise
6 bay leaves
8 green cardamoms
1 black cardamom
½ inch cinnamon
26-30 black peppercorns
1½ teaspoons caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoons fennel seeds (saunf)
1 blade mace (javitri)
2 green chillies
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic-green chilli-poppy seeds paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tablespoons yogurt
1 tablespoon ghee
2 medium onions, sliced
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon garam masala powder + as required
8-10 cashewnuts, halved and roasted
1 tablespoon raisins
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Whole wheat flour (atta) dough as required
6 tablespoons fried onions + for garnishing
1 tablespoon saffron milk
Ginger strips for garnishing
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Marinate mutton pieces with some salt.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add 1 star anise, 5 bay leaves, 4 green cardamoms, black cardamom, cinnamon, 16-18 peppercorns, 1 teaspoon caraway seeds and chopped onions, mix and sauté till onions turn translucent.
3. Grind together remaining star anise, fennel seeds, remaining bay leaf, remaining green cardamoms, cloves, remaining peppercorns, mace and remaining caraway seeds to a fine powder.
4. Add mutton pieces and broken green chillies to the pan, mix well, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add ginger-garlic-green chilli-poppy seeds paste, turmeric powder, salt and yogurt, mix well, cover and cook till the mixture dries.
6. Heat remaining oil and ghee in another deep non-stick pan. Add sliced onions and sauté till translucent.
7. Add Daawat Dubar Basmati Rice and 2½ tablespoons ground powder and mix well. Add 2 cups water, coconut milk and salt and mix well. Add some ladleful of stock from the mutton and stir lightly.
8. Add garam masala powder to the mutton, mix well, cover and continue to cook.
9. Add cashewnuts, raisins and lemon juice to the rice, cover and cook till the rice is 3/4th done.
10. Roll out wheat flour dough into a cylinder and place on a lid.
11. Spread a layer of rice on the mutton pieces, top with 3 tablespoons fried onions and some garam masala powder. Spread another layer of remaining rice on top, add saffron milk and remaining fried onions. Place lid with dough on top and press. Cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
12. Garnish with fried onions, ginger strips and mint sprig and serve hot.
IMPORTANT CAUTION NOTICE
Fraud using the Company's name and brands
LT Foods/Daawat or its Sub-Brands are not taking any money for distributorship or franchisee for soliciting its brands. This is to reiterate; LT Foods/Daawat has also not authorized any individuals to carry such activities on its behalf.
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous individuals falsely impersonating themselves as the employees or contractors of LT Foods, have been issuing fraudulent distribution possibilities and offers, fake commitment letters, etc., in lieu of money on behalf of LT Foods/Daawat and offering partnership/distributorship and products by using the Company’s, assets like logo, brand name, website content, brand images, etc. in an unauthorized manner.
Fraudulent offers are being made to interested parties to become a distributor/franchisee of LT Foods/Daawat/its Sub brands through registration on the web via a form and make a payment. They are also issuing fake letters in the name of LT Foods /Daawat and are using the Company's flagship trademark “Daawat”. At present, the fraudsters are using the email addresses email@example.com and websites www.daawatricceltd.com etc. to pursue this agenda.
The Company has escalated the matter to Cyber Cell and reported these frauds to the Police. Please beware of these frauds who seek/ may seek any amount as fees, advances, security deposits.
These fraudulent activities are a punishable offense. We request the public at large not to get persuaded by any such individuals and report any such activity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is to inform all concerned that official websites of LT Foods/ Daawat are –