750 grams chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces on bone
1½ cups Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
½ cup yogurt
Salt to taste
1½ tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon green chilli paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 bay leaf
1 black cardamom
5 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon cumin (jeera) powder
½ cup fried onions + for garnishing
Few fresh mint leaves
1 inch ginger, cut into strips
1 tablespoon saffron milk
Ghee for drizzling
Garam masala powder for sprinkling
Whole wheat flour (atta) dough for sealing
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Put chicken pieces in a bowl. Add yogurt, salt, 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and chilli powder, mix well and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Soak Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in sufficient water for 30 minutes
3. Heat 3 cups water in a deep non-stick pan. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, salt and drained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice, cover and cook till 3/4th done.
4. . Heat oil in another deep non-stick pan. Add caraway seeds and onion and sauté
5. Add remaining ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder and cumin powder, mix well and sauté for a minute.
6. Add marinated chicken pieces, mix well, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Strain the Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice in a colander and set aside.
8. Transfer half the chicken to another deep non-stick pan on heat. Spread half the strained Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice on top. Add ¼ cup fried onions, mint leaves and half the ginger strips. Drizzle ½ tablespoon saffron milk, some ghee and sprinkle some garam masala powder.