The finest Basmati is available across
60 countries all over the world.
- Basmati Facts
- Cooking Tips
- India has contested and won the patent on the name of Basmati.
- Basmati rice elongates to almost twice its original length on cooking, but does not fatten significantly. The grain is long (usually 6.61 to 7.50mm) or extra long (more than 7.50mm in length and 2mm in breadth).
- When cooked, Basmati's texture retains its firmness, even though it assumes tenderness without splitting, and unlike other rice, it is non-sticky thanks to the amylose content in the rice.
- The aroma in Basmati emanates from a cocktail of 100 compounds - hydrocarbons, alcohols, aldehydes and esters. A particular molecule of note is 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline.
- Basmati is considered to be at its best when it is translucent and creamy white.
- Measure the water and rice accurately.
- Time the cooking with care.
- There is no need to rinse rice after cooking.
- You can test if the rice is cooked by pinching a grain. If there is no hard core or chalky centre, the rice is cooked.
- Always let cooked rice stand for 5-10 minutes off the heat with the lid on, to complete the cooking process and redistribute moisture evenly.
FROM FARM TO PLATE
|Raw rice is purchased from local mandis and farmers all over North India and the Himalayan foothills. Every grain of Daawat can be traced back to the paddy fields of its origin.|
|The rice is then subjected to a rigorous process of cleaning, separation, dehusking, sizing, polishing, colour sorting and grading before they are stored safely in our state-of-the-art grain silos. Every step along in the way is tightly controlled and analyzed to maintain the highest quality.|
|With cutting edge grain silos, we age our Basmati to create fluffy, straight, separated and non-sticky grains.|
|Tests are performed at every step from sourcing to final dispatch of the product to ensure that Daawat's range of Basmati is not only perfect, but also exceeds global requirements for quality and safety. Through cooking tests and professional sensory analysis, every Daawat brand is verified against the highest standards in Basmati Rice.|
WHO WE WORK WITH
We work with the best in the food service industry.
"Customer Delight Through Value Added Agri Business"